What is a Patient Portal?
A patient portal eliminates time-consuming phone calls and allows you, the patient, on-line access to our office. All requests or questions will be answered within 24 hours. With respect to system security, unlike emails that use multiple servers over the internet, the NextMD technology allows your doctor to use a single server secured by both a firewall and 128-bit encryption to safeguard your privacy. This secured system operates by a password protected log-in that you receive upon registering for the service. Only you will have access to your information. Each family member will receive their own log-in code and password. If the patient is under 18 years of age, the responsible parent will receive the enrollment code and password information.
With the Patient Portal, you can access a wealth of general health information online, view new messages from the practice or take advantage of these many powerful benefits:
- Access and request personal or general information.
- Receive and review Lab Results within days of the testing.
- Request a non-urgent appointment or confirm an appointment. For all urgent issues, we ask that you call our office.
- Request medication refills.
- Receive documents from your doctor such as immunization records, return to work/school forms, lab result cards, and visit summaries.
- Receive important notifications such as drug recalls or guidance, tailored to your specific health plan, chronic conditions, and disease management.
No health information is sent via email. When a message is sent from the doctor’s office, you receive an email stating you have a new message from Milauskas Eye Institute and are directed to log in to your portal page to view it.
Register for the Milauskas Eye Institute Patient Portal today by calling (760)340 – 3937 or stop by our front desk during your next visit.
Already Signed up?